Work Environment: Office
Immediate Supervisor: General Manager
Key internal working associate: Plant Manager, Quality Manager, Supply Chain Manager
Key External working associate: Auditors, Nova Steel Controller, Novamerican Corporate Accounting Department, Customers, Suppliers, Banks
The Inside Sales Representative will focus on maintaining current accounts and inventory control. The ideal candidate will have direct sales experience in the flat steel service sector and the ability to develop long-term relationships with customers. The person will possess industry knowledge and business acumen to meet the sales target and assist in achieving our profitable growth.
- Prepare all of the financial statements for the business division.
- Oversee and manage the cash flow of the organization.
- Manage the payroll process and documentation for all staff.
- Administer the Benefit package for all staff.
- Develop the annual budget (in consultation with key office and plant personnel).
- Do financial forecasting for the division.
- Do ongoing budget analysis.
- Design the accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Complete all budget reconciliation related to taxation.
- Maintain Personnel records on all staff.
- Do credit approvals for all customer accounts.
- Manage division assets including tracking of assets for tax purposes.
- Manage all credit notes.
- Manage all financial investments.
- Assume responsibility for all accounting documentation associated with Accounts Payable, Invoices, Accounts Receiving and Purchasing.
- Manage all staff assigned to accounts department.
- Manage the ‘Physical Inventory’ process.
- Provide leadership – including duty assignment, discipline, job orientation and training and evaluation of all accounting staff.
- Respond to all problem solving connected to the financial health of the division.
Characteristics, skills and competencies necessary to fulfill the demands of the position
- Advanced computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Machine and hand tool safety
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to delegate, empower, motivate, and support staff.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Degree or related education in accounting/account functions
- Advanced communications skills; telephone, in person, email etc
- Ability to develop a budget , maintain the budget and track accounts receivable/payable
- Must be available to attend all staff meetings as required