- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using handtools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Licensed industrial electrician.
- Must be familiar with industrial and electrical laws.
- Must be able to work late hours and overnight, and should be able to work weekends as well.
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and solution driven skills Excellent communication ability Experience in Automation, conveyors an asset.
- Strong understanding of PLC controls.
- Awareness of operational machinery problems in short proximity